How to add a dashboard control panel to the homepage.
The Envisage home dashboard is where you will find all of your latest stats and info for your website
as well as latest tweets and Instagram pictures. Below is an example of the home dashboard;
Customising your dashboard
Every square on the dashboard is fully changeable, allowing you to place any control wherever you wish. If a certain aspect of the website is more important to you, then you can make this one of your first controls and place it at the top of the dashboard.
Adding a new tile
If you wish to add a tile to an empty space then you will need to follow the steps below:
1. Locate the space where you would like to add the tile. Empty tiles are shown by a black dotted line with a small cog in the top right hand corner.
2. Click on the small settings button (blue cog).
3. Which will open the dashboard settings panel.
4. Choose which tile you wish you add to the dashboard by selecting it from the list
The list comprises of either a ‘Live’ tile or a ‘Link’ tile. The link tiles are exactly as they suggest a tile that links you to a certain area of the site. The live tile is a tile that has be built to show you live information. This includes CRM stats and Google keywords. The live tiles can be custom built to do and show you anything you may need / want to see on the home dashboard.
5. In this instance we are going to add the Instagram control:
6. Once we have selected which control we wish to add to the dashboard, we need to click the ‘Save’ button in the bottom right hand corner of the dashboard settings: If you wish to cancel your selection and close the settings dialog box, you can clickonthe ‘Cancel’ button located in the same place
7. Now that we have added our chosen tile it will be displayed on the home dashboard, if there are any settings that are needed for the tile to fully operate we will need to enter them in. In this instance the Instagram tile requires a search term to display the latest images: