Adding a content block.
Once you have created your page and chosen your template, it’s now time to add in some content. As a default a lot of the templates have default content and layout already to them. If you want to change the way the editable areas are laid out then this simple guide will show you in a few easy steps how to.
Adding a new Content block
1. If you want to add a new editable area, the first thing you need to do is select where you want this area to go, above or below an existing piece of content? In this example we are going to add a new content block underneath an existing content block.
The image below shows a page within the editor with text in a content area:
As you can see from the dotted line around the content, this is a content area. If you hover over the area you will see some options allowing you to choose where to add your next content block:
2. This shows us that we can add a new content block (or plugin, see adding a plugin for more info) above and below our current block, in this example we are going to click the bottom button. Upon highlighting the button, it will become selected and show you exactly where the block will be entered:
3. Upon clicking this button we are presented with the settings menu, allowing us to choose what type
of content area we wish to use. The options available to us include:
• Text area
• 2 columns (50/50)
• 2 columns (70/30)
• 2 columns (30/70)
4. Once we have chosen our desired content block (Text area), we can simple click it once and it will be added to the page.
5. As you can see it has added a blank content area to our page. We can now enter our content into our new area.
6. The last thing to be done is to save your new content using the content menu displayed at the top of the area:
For more information on the content menu, please view the article (How to use the content area menu). (LINK)