Creating a metadata object.
1. First you need to select the admin dashboard from the menu of the side you can do this by clicking the 3 cogs from the menu.
2. Once you have selected admin dashboard the menu below will appear seelct system config.
3. After selecting system config choose metadata manager from the menu that appears on the side. Once you have selected metadata manager you will be able to name the new metadata manager in the object name field once you have doe that you can select create new object.
4. When you have created your object you will be able to create values inside of it. To do this you will need to click add new field. In this example i created a text box. Then you need to edit the information to do this select edit under the new object.
5. If you wanted to select something rather than a text box to store the information in here is a list of what you can use instead.
6. When editing a field you this menu you will appear there are several components that make up a metadata field.
The first one is Field name this is what you will use to reference the field in the metadata. The next is label this is used in order to give the name within envisage. the palceholder is what the box will say when there is no text insode of it this is usally an indacation of what kind of data that needs to go inside. The final one is label help this is propmt that help the user by giving them an indication of how this will be used.
7. once created the newly named field will appear in the table reapeat this for however many objects you will need.
8. In order to apply metadata to a page you must allow is to be used by a template then pages that use this template will be able to use the selected metadata object.
9. Once you have created the object it will be available to be used by by pages through the property option in the page menu.